Eligible for free testing are "vulnerable populations":
- Children under the age of 5, i.e. up to their fifth birthday
- People who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons, including pregnant women in the first trimester (proof: original medical certificate)
- People who are participating in clinical studies on the effectiveness of vaccines against the coronavirus at the time of testing
- People required to be tested to exit quarantine ("free testing")
- Visitors and those treated or residents in inpatient or outpatient care and health facilities
- Household members of those who are proven to be infected (proof: test result of the infected person + matching home address)
- Beneficiaries who employ people within the framework of a personal budget according to § 29 SGB IX, as well as people who are employed by beneficiaries within the framework of a personal budget
Citizens receive a citizen test for a 3 euro contribution:
- with a red tile / warning on the Corona-Warn-App
and on the day of testing,
- before contact with a person older than 60 years
- before contact with a person who has a high risk of developing serious illness from COVID-19 due to a previous illness or disability
- before attending an indoor event
If you cannot show any of the above reasons, you will have to pay for the rapid test regularly.
You can find the test regulation here in the Federal Gazette.